Hybrid Lunch: Using AI in Professional Communication – Workshop
When: Wednesday, September 20, 2023 (11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- Lunch will be served at noon
- The program and Zoom broadcast will start at 12:00 p.m.
- PRSA Chapter Members: $20
- Non-PRSA Members: $25
- Students: $8
- Weber State PRSSA & Affiliates
- Includes lunch
- Parking: Park Here (vouchers available onsite)
- Online: Zoom program will start at 12:00 p.m. — register above
Topic: Using AI in Professional Communication
What you’ll Learn
This workshop will include an AI demonstration and a brief explanation of the technology followed by a panel discussion with participants from Weber State University’s School of Computing, Department of Communication, and the Goddard School of Business.
The panel will discuss the technological advances in AI, how to use AI as a data analytics tool, and the ethical implications of AI in persuasive and creative industries.
In this session you will:
- Learn how the current generation of AI tools work, and how to use them properly.
- See how to use AI to gather and analyze data for your organization.
- Understand how to create factually accurate information using AI tools.
- Explore how to use AI ethically without infringing on copyright or trademark.
Participants on the media panel include:
- Dr. Brian Rague, Associate Dean of the School of Computing
- Dr. Li Chen, Assistant Professor of Communication specializing in Social Media & Data Analytics
- Dr. Nicole Anderson, Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- Dr. Luke Fernandez, Assistant Professor of Computer Science specializing in Web/UX
- Dr. Alex Lawrence, Associate Professor of Professional Sales
REGISTER HERE! Registration is free but required.